James C. Callaghan, Jr.
CEO and President
MBA, Pepperdine University
BS, Civil Engineering, California State University at Long Beach
CEO and President at Mental Health Systems, Inc. MHS is a $100M company which employs over 800 people throughout the state of California.
Turnaround expert in multiple industries including social services, technology, real estate acquisitions, lease negotiations. Proven ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, analyze data to create solid strategies, and effectively manage multiple diverse projects. Expert in large scale coordination efforts requiring thorough communication, financial oversight and execution. Mr. Callaghan has 15 years of nonprofit governance experience.
Specialties: Executive level leadership & relationship building experience, analytical strategic planning, financial resource planning, budget/cost control, profit contribution, corporate compliance & ethics, risk mitigation and insurance management. Effective in creating and leading diverse teams to reach common goals.
Current Board Positions:
- Army and Navy Military Academy (ANA) Active Board member
- Alliance for Regional Solutions (ARS) – Active Vice-Chairman
- San Diego Non-Profit Association (SDNA) – Active member of the CEO roundtable
Previous Board Positions:
- Vice Chairman and Treasurer, San Diego Regional Energy Office
- Vice Chairman, Independent Taxpayers Oversight Committee
- Board of Directors, City of San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Chairman, San Diego Regional Energy Police Advisory Committee
- Member, City of San Diego, Mayor’s Traffic Task Force