Our Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) provide help and support to children, youth, and young adults (up to age 21) who have challenging behaviors and are having difficulty maintaining their current placement. A home and community based, short-term, intensive service, TBS is provided for an average of three months. We assign a trained Therapeutic Behavioral Coach for an agreed upon number of hours per week. The coach assists the client and caregiver with the development of structure and new learning experiences that promote healthy pro-social behaviors, and supports the family in gaining new life skills.
Assigned Therapeutic Behavioral Coach:
- Provides strength-based approaches that build healthier individuals
- Offers adaptive skills to children, adolescents, and their caregivers
- Affords choices and alternatives to maladaptive behaviors
- Teaches behavior management techniques that reinforce pro-social outcomes
- Helps families establish boundaries and structure to create a healthier environment for their children.
- Assists high risk youth in maintaining placement or in transitioning to lower levels of care
We serve residents of the East Valley, Central Valley and West Valley of San Bernardino County. In addition, a client must meet both A and B requirements:
A. Full-scope Medi-Cal beneficiary under the age of 21
B. Currently receiving specialty mental health services
In addition, the client must meet one of the following criteria:
C. Placed in a group home/Residential Treatment Center (RTC, RCL 12 or above)
D. Being considered for placement in a group home/RTC, RCL 12 or above
E. At least one emergency psychiatric hospitalization within the past 24 months, or currently at risk for such hospitalization
F. Previously received behavioral services through TBS
A client can be referred by anyone, including a parent or caregiver, a teacher or principal, a social worker, case manager, mental health professional or medical doctor.
Completed referral packet and all required documents must be forwarded to:
MHS TBS San Bernardino
790 Via Lata, Ste. 300
Colton, CA 92324.
To find out more information about TBS – San Bernardino, please call (909) 433-0445.
Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.