MHS Mead Academy
The Mead Academy provides courses in addiction counseling that meets the California state requirements for certification in drug and alcohol counseling. Our program follows the Tap 21 Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes of Professional Counselors curriculum.
Upon completion of our Alcohol and Other Drug Studies, AODS you can pursue an AOD certification as a substance abuse counselor with most certifying agencies in California. Students completing the Mead Academy AOD program will be prepared to apply for the following certifications:
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) certification with the California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, CAADAC
- Certified Alcoholism and other Drug Addiction Specialist (CAS) with California Association of Addiction Recovery Resources, CAARR
- Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS) with Breining Institute
The Mead Academy Offers:
- Flexible payment plans
- Saturday classes
- Evening classes coming soon!
- Courses in different areas of expertise
- Continuing Education Hours
- Career Counseling Assistance
- Internship Placement Assistance
The William R. Mead Training Academy operates as a service of
Mental Health Systems, Inc.
Mental Health Systems, Inc. is a California Not-for-Profit Corporation organized and operated pursuant to 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code.
School is approved by:
Courage conquers all things: it even gives strength to the body.